As part of the Preparing for Adulthood Programme, the British Association for Supported Employment (Base) is running a 5 day course in Occupational Standards Training at the Whitefield Research & Development Centre.
The course is designed for employment and work experience leads and any staff that support learners with SEND into and during employment opportunities and runs on 23rd, 24th, 30th, 31st March and 1st April.
Topics covered over the five days will include:
- Client engagement and referral
- Vocational profiling
- Action planning
- Employer engagement - job finding
- Employer engagement - understanding the business case
- Employer responsibilities
- Job matching
- Health & Safety / risk assessment
- Preparation & workplace support
- Workplace training
- Career development & progression
Full details can be found in the attached document below, or contact Jethro Picton at London Borough of Waltham Forest for details. Jethro.Picton@walthamforest.gov.uk
Places are limited, so priority will be given based on an recommendation by school, local authority or external organisation staff member.