We are looking for an enthusiastic teacher with experience of working with children and young people with a vision impairment. Candidates should hold the QTVI qualification or be willing to train for this specialist qualification to join our multidisciplinary outreach service. You’ll be part of a friendly, expert team which works with mainstream schools in local boroughs to ensure that their pupils with vision impairment receive the very best education.
- Outer London Main/Upper pay scale, Plus 1 or 2 SEN points (depending on qualifications and experience)
- Initial 1 year contract
As an outreach teacher you will
- travel to mainstream schools, to offer tailored advice and support for staff working with vision-impaired students
- help provide whole school training and individual staff training covering best practice and the latest ideas and guidance.
- work with students with vision impairment including those learning or using Braille
- support parents and carers
- work in partnership with other agencies
Own transport is a necessity. This is initially a one year contract. We are looking for a teacher who can join the team from January 2019 or before.
The Vision Impairment Outreach Service is part of the Whitefield Academy Trust, which runs Whitefield Schools and Joseph Clarke School.
The Service is based in the Academy’s Research and Development Centre and has strong links with Joseph Clarke School – a centre of expertise in London South East England for teaching pupils who are vision impaired and/or have complex needs.
Whitefield Schools is one of the largest providers of special education in Europe, with an international reputation for expertise, curriculum and training. It is rated as Outstanding in all areas by Ofsted and is a National Teaching School.
The Schools are situated in the North East of London within the Borough of Waltham Forest, but cater for pupils who come from many different Local Authorities.
Our Research and Development Centre provides support, training and resources for both school staff and other professionals. It also hosts an excellent library and an Outreach Service which supports pupils across 4 Local Authorities.
Waltham Forest as an area combines the best aspects of vibrant city living with easy access to some beautiful green spaces. It has excellent transport links.
Download an application form below or telephone the Human Resources Department for an application form and further details, at Macdonald Road, Walthamstow, London, E17 4AZ, Tel: 020 8531 3426. Email application forms to: Personnel@whitefield.waltham.sch.uk
The Whitefield Academy Trust is uncompromising in its commitment to safeguarding children and young people
- Closing date: Monday October 1st 2018
- Interviews: Week beginning 15thOctober 2018