Joseph Clarke School is a School for students with vision impairment (VI) and/or complex needs. Whitefield Academy Trust is looking to appoint a new Headteacher for the school following the retirement of the Headteacher, a long serving member of staff.
This is rare opportunity to head a school, with expert and dedicated staff and an excellent reputation which draws pupils from across London and counties beyond and also regularly draws educational visitors from across the UK and beyond.
This is an exciting time for Joseph Clarke School – we celebrated its centenary last year with a visit from its charitable trust’s patron – HRH Princess Michael of Kent and at the same time completed a refurbishment and rebuild programme which saw the School enlarged to accommodate over 100 3-19 year olds with cutting-edge facilities and technology.
Joseph Clarke School has a strong commitment to inclusion, with broad links to the community. KS3 and Post-16 students have an opportunity to work at a nearby mainstream school and college and we collaborate with Barts Healthcare NHS Trust on Project Search – a highly successful employment programme. The School was an integral part of Waltham Forest’s exciting activities as London’s first Borough of Culture.
If you join us as Headteacher, the Whitefield Academy Trust will provide you the resources and support you need in your efforts to build excellence throughout the School. In addition, you will have the opportunity to play a role in leading the Academy’s development locally, regionally and nationally. You will be working with some of the most knowledgeable and supportive specialist teachers in the country – and in an Academy with excellent facilities, led by an Outstanding School.
Directors are seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate with the leadership experience, qualifications and ability to continue to move the School from Good to Outstanding, as judged by Ofsted. Experience with VI is not an essential requirement.
You will also have
- a proven child-centred vision and a track record of excellence.
- commitment to coaching and developing leaders at all levels.
- a strong focus on teaching and learning with the drive to raise standards.
- the ability to provide excellent education for young people with vision impairment and or complex needs in preparation for their for adult lives.
- leadership with emphasis on valuing students and taking pride in their achievements.
Whitefield Academy Trust comprises:
- Whitefield Schools– an Outstanding School and nationally accredited Teaching School based in Walthamstow that provides specialist education for pupils with complex needs including communication and interaction difficulties.
- Joseph Clarke School – based in Highams Park and highly regarded for its expertise in vision impairment.
- Our Research and Development Centre, which offers unparalleled potential for continuous professional development across the Academy and which collaborates with Kingston and UEL universities. Middle and Senior Leaders are supported to complete the National College Leadership Curriculum support, training and resources for both school staff and other professionals. The Centre also hosts an excellent library and an Outreach Service which supports pupils across 4 Local Authorities.
Waltham Forest, is London’s first Borough of Culture and combines the best aspects of vibrant city living with easy access to some beautiful green spaces. It has excellent transport links. You can find out more about the Borough of Culture activities at wfculture19.co.uk/whatson.
- Closing Date: December 16th
- Interview Date: January 2020
- Salary: £77,361pa (L25)
Download an application form and welcome pack below or contact the Human Resources Department: Tel: 020 8531 3426 or email: Personnel@whitefield.waltham.sch.uk