As you know, School will be fully open for all children from Monday 7th September 2020. The government remains clear that it is safe for children to return to school unless they, or a member of their household, has COVID 19 or they have been advised by their doctors to remain at home. Therefore, we look forward to seeing children back in School.
However, please do not send your child to school if they or anyone else in the household, has COVID 19 or is showing any of the symptoms which are:
- a high temperature
- a new continuous cough
- a loss of smell or taste
If we have any concerns about your child’s health while they are in School, we will contact you straight away. Please make sure that we have up to date contact details.
As I wrote to you in July, we are putting arrangements in place to keep children and adults as safe as we can. These include:
- expecting everyone to be very careful with basic hygiene – washing hands, using sanitiser, using tissues and keeping surfaces and equipment clean.
- dividing the school into ‘bubbles’ with one ‘bubble’ in each class where children work and play together.
- encouraging social distancing where we can, although we know that our children will find it very difficult and that many children need close support from the adults who work with them.
- adults using PPE where this will reduce the chance of infection.
- making changes to the way we teach some lessons to reduce contact.
- not having large gatherings such as assemblies.
Some children will find it difficult to return to school and will need time and support before they can fully take part in school routines. Teams will be reviewing all PPSPs to include the support needed as children get used to being back in School and your child’s teacher will send a copy home for you to sign.
For the first week school meals will be sandwiches, fruit and yoghurt to give the catering team time to adjust to serving food in the ‘bubbles’ across the School. Children will be able to order a hot meal again from Monday 14th September 2020.
Arrangements for the beginning and end of the day
The school day will run as usual with children coming to school from 8.55am and leaving school at 3.20pm. We will not be able to offer breakfast or after school clubs until further notice. If we need to make a change to these times, we will let you know.
- If your child is using home-school transport from the local authority, the transport company will contact you with details of the pick-up time and place.
- If you walk into school with your child, please use the main entrance and wait with your child until a member of staff comes to collect them. A member of staff on duty will show you where to wait. Please keep at a distance from other people while you wait.
I know that some of you will have questions and will want to talk about your child’s needs. Please leave a message on the Family Support phone – 07871 778470 or send an email and we will get back to you.
Please do not hesitate to make contact now or if there are any issues once your child is back in school. Your child’s teacher will keep in touch with you and let you know if we have any concerns. By working together and sharing any worries we can make the return to school a success.