At Whitefield, we are providing children and young people with the opportunity to use a wide range of electronic resources to access our curriculum. Whilst useful and beneficial there can be a range of risks associated with the use of these Internet technologies.
We want to ensure our children and young people remain safe while online. We have therefore made e-safety part of our curriculum and we have put systems in place to monitor the use of online resources.
Below are a number of websites and links to support parents/carers in being aware of the dangers online and ways that you can support your children in keeping safe when using the internet.
- A collaboration between 3 charities Childnet International, Internet Watch Foundation and SWGfL - offers good, no-nonsense advice on technology and risks.
- Child Exploitation and Online Protection command. Are you worried about online sexual abuse or the way someone has been communicating with you online? Make a report to one of CEOP's Child Protection Advisors.
- More useful resources for parents and children from CEOP - organiseed by age group.
- Information from the NSPCC
- Childline's information for children on how to stay safe online.